Home › Welcome to Virtual Community, General Expat Discussion › Expat Cafe – Where the Foreign Community Meets › Temporary residency before 31 December? Permit and staying on Crete worries › Reply To: Temporary residency before 31 December? Permit and staying on Crete worries
May I suggest that perhaps we should not discuss so much of your personal information in public?
– While UK is still in the EU, a statement from a British bank there is accepted (although not always). Needs to show 4,000 euros equiv.
– Have you spoken to your policeman on applying for residence? You may need him to verify more about you if the eventual police who issue a permit wants to know more about your presence in Gavdos.
– I do not know if there is any flexibility (easing) in applications as the Brexit transition period is coming to an end. If you read about the Ikaria family experiences it seemed very straight forward with the police being very amenable.
– Even Greek laywers are not good at responding to e-mails. Better to phone. Try to get their mobile numbers. Even better is try to arrange a meeting. I mention this as you appear to be struggling with some of the requirements.
– Finally, have you tried to catch up with the small Brit community in Paleohora? Try the Facebook Group as a starting point. They may well be better informed about this subject and maybe guide you to some useful contacts. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone there, yet!
How’s that for perhaps a faster route to getting the beige resident permit?
© 2020 Brits in Crete Forum. All Rights Reserved.