Hi, I know this is a massive long shot but I am trying to find a new home for my cat, he has all his jabs, blood test micro chip etc, unfortunately i didn’t realise that he has to wait 6 months after his blood test to enter the UK and i have to return around mid Oct, he is a red Persian around 4 years old and very affectionate and clean, except when he finds a nice bush to hide under,
As i say, i know it’s a long shot but my only other option is to put him to sleep, and i really don’t want to do that,
If you can help or know someone who can i would be eternally grateful
I don’t know of a home and I don’t know if it is an option but have you asked the animal charities to find a foster home for the few months you have to wait, there would probably be a fee involved but considering the other option.
Or ask friends as the thought of fostering for a few months may be more appealing than permanently rehoming.
There is also a cattery in kissamos with reasonable rates.
Sorry can’t be of more help, but hate the thought of a loved and healthy animal being out to sleep.
I would absolutely love for someone to ‘foster’ him, I don’t really want to think of the alternative option but i can’t afford to pay the quarantine fees and the thought of him stuck in a cattery, either here or in UK, knowing Merlot and how he would hate it, he loves company (on his terms) and he loves exploring outside, I couldn’t do it to him,